So i discovered this short article on the internet and i understand that just posting it as the whole piece is not a good thing, I got permission from the original writer and read up how to curate posts, so that is it.......i thought this was interesting because it highlights some of the highs and lows that I encountered when i was working in the industry.
The Kenwood's ProTalk® PKT23K two-way business radio is specially designed for those that want a Compact (about 5 inches with the antenna) and Small (only 3.9 ounces with the battery) radio with clear communications and has up to a 5 mile range or covers up to a 225,000sq.ft open warehouse*, and up to 80,000sq.ft in low power setting. If you were looking at the Motorola CLS1110 or CLP1010, you need to check this one out, because the PKT23 is about $20 less and you get double the warranty (2 years), 50% more power (1.5W vs. .5W) and four channels for your growing business instead of a single channel.
The ultra-strong polycarbonate antenna is fixed while the 1430mAh lithium ion battery delivers enough juice for up to 15 hours of battery time. To compliment the battery, the included 3 hour Micro USB fast charger is designed to keep your Walkie Talkie up and running at peak efficiency. The radio of choice for restaurants, hotels, retails stores and much more… This tough radio meets military specs giving it a high endorsement. To meet MILITARY 810 C, D, E and F grade, the new 1-pin connector cover has to be on.
The Palm sized PKT23K Pro Talk UHF 4 Channel 2-Way Radio Communicator, UHF 1.5 Watt Transmit Power, Wireless cloning simplifies setup of several radios, 4 Channel Operation and Internal VOX for hands-free communication with a headset. The new KPT-23 portable uses a single pin connector for audio accessories compatible with the KHS-33 and KHS-34 headsets. The new KSC-44K 3-Hour Fast Charger is a single chemistry charger and will only charge the KNB-71L battery. The KSC-44K charging cup has been designed to fit with the new KMB-44K Multi-Charger.
The Kenwod ProTalk PKT23K Two-Way UHF Radio is just what you need if you are at a retail store, hospitality setting, or a doctor who needs to be constantly in touch with his workers. This reliable and easy-to-use radio delivers just what it promises - first-rate, four-channel UHF capability. Give us a call to discuss your two way radios needs.
• UHF 1.5 Watt or 500 mW Transmit Power
• Extra Durable Polycarbonate Housing
• Small (1.8" W x 0.8" D x 3.3 H plus Antenna) & Lightweight (3.9 oz)
• Li-Ion battery with over 11 Hours Talk Time (5/5/90 duty cycle)
• Over 15 Hours Talk Time (with Battery Save On) 5/5/90 duty cycle
• 4 Channel Operation (factory pre-set)
• 99 User-Programmable Memory Bank Frequencies
• Channel Scan
• Wireless Cloning Mode
• Key Lock/Super Lock
• User Programmable QT (39) and DQT (168) Signaling
• Bell Tone Alert
• Speaker Mute Function
• VOX (Voice-activated transmit) with 5 Sensitivity Levels
• Voice Announcement
• Time Out Timer
• LED Battery Status Indicator
• 2 Function Keys
• 1-PIN Audio Accessory Jack
• Micro USB Port
• Antenna (fixed non-removable)
• Passes IP54 and 11 Rugged Mil-Spec 810 C, D, E, F and G Standards
What's in the box:
• Portable PKT-23 Radio with Fixed Antenna
• KNB-71L Li-Ion 1,430 mAh battery
• KSC-44 3-Hour Micro USB Fast Charger
• KBH-20 Spring Action Belt Clip & Screws
• Fixed Speaker/Single Pin Mic Jack Cover
• Micro USB Port for programming and charging
• PKT23 Users Manual
• 2 Year Radio Warranty / 1 Year Accessory Warranty
*Maximum range can only be achieved over water or open rural areas under optimum conditions. FCC license required, form 601 and instructions are located on their website. Before filling out form 601 you must select which frequency your company will operate on. Available frequencies can be found in the owners manual. Features and specifications subject to change without notice.
If you are you looking for more info on Kenwood radio look at the webpage.